Friday 25 January 2013

Do you wonder how God works? I do too, Peter wanted to make Jesus feel great, he rebuked him sharply when Jesus talked about fulfilling His mission here on earth...Matthew 16:21-23 The Message
 
21-22 Then Jesus made it clear to his disciples that it was now necessary for him to go to Jerusalem, submit to an ordeal of suffering at the hands of the religious leaders, be killed, and then on the third day be raised up alive. Peter took him in hand, protesting, “Impossible, Master! That can never be!”
23 But Jesus didn’t swerve. “Peter, get out of my way. Satan, get lost. You have no idea how God works.”

How does God work?
 
 
 
He says:
  •  Let the weak say I am strong
  • Let the poor say I am rich
  • The way up is down - humility    Phil.2:11
  • When you give you increase      Prov.11:24a
  • When you withhold you tend to poverty Prov.11:24b
  • Labour not to be rich Prov.23:4
  • I loved you while you were yet a sinner
  • The captain of our salvation was made perfect through suffering  Heb. 2:13
  • Self sacrifice is His way for you to find youreself, your true self   Mt.16:25
  • I raise men from the dung and set them on thrones to keep company of princes 1 Sam.2:8
  • The race is not to the swift but the helped Ecc.9:11
  • The battle is not to the strong but the favoured Ecc9:11
 
Lord, let me humbly learn how you work by walking with you. I know then, your Way will work for me and in my favour.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment