Monday 11 November 2013

Standard against him...

There is no doubt that the devil is the root of all disagreement and problems. In all marriages, the sole aim of the devil is to constantly cause disagreement, misunderstanding, chaos and lack of peace. There is a place for prayer, there is another place for action. By action you are either supporting the devil or routing him out. There are ways we support the devil against ourselves in our home:

Words: how do you use your words? Constructively, in an abusive manner,harshly or lovingly. How many times do you say things that make your spouse shrink and after a while they become almost invisible? You do  not see or notice the impact that your words have on your spouse because every statement tells them "keep quiet". You say to yourself, "I never say that". However, in never allowing your husband to make suggestions in areas that you feel you are a pro, you gradually shut him up. Your wife can never make any contribution to whatever you are doing because you are the one who works in a bank, she is a teacher, what can she possibly know? If you are the Executive wife who works in close proximity with men and you have learned to be hard, you must still learn how to use words around your husband who is just a cab driver. Do you address your spouse because of what you see today? Be careful because you have no clue what tomorrow holds for him as long as he believes the Lord. Do not use words to hurt the ones you love. Rather, use your word to build up. Do you still curse, call yourselves and family members insulting names? You are partnering with the devil.

Attitude/Action: when we are faced with challenges in our home, do we act as if that is the end of the relationship. You are willing to give away your years together by physically destroying your possession. Perhaps that is extreme you say, but how about acting in silence. Silent treatment has a way of making things deteriorate in the home. The man acts on his own, reading inaccurate meaning to every action by the wife. The wife says to herself; "he does not care about me, I will do my own thing and I could care less what happens afterwards". Every time you break the edge or allow a gap, the enemy makes sure he widens it. Yes, you may not care what happens afterwards but the mess that is created will have to be mopped after the storm has settled. Why even start that? I remember with gratitude our early days of marriage. I would say to myself, "I do not care what he does, I am not going to give in". Stubbornness does not get you a trophy!.

These two ways are very powerful in roads for the enemy into the home that we pray about all the time. Why must we be the ones destroying what we build on a daily basis?. I understand that things look very bad when you are right in the middle of it and it is almost impossible to think logically. Here is the word of God today;
Isaiah 59:19
"So shall they fear The name of the Lord from the west, And His glory from the rising of the sun; When the enemy comes in like a flood, The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him".

Decide to partner with the spirit of the Lord to lift a standard against the enemy. If you make all the confessions in the bible and yet you cannot master your spirit in the face of a discussion, you will end up quarrelling all the time. In working with God, you have to be objective and see things from another person's perspective. You may be smart, your partner also has  a brain. Learn to reach a compromise as often as possible. If there is an outstanding action item on your part, receive grace from God to do it. Do you need to get a job, be more helpful around the house, be more organized with your timing? God will guide you every step of the way.

**Lord I apply the blood of Jesus against every hole or broken edge in my marriage in Jesus name
**I refuse to work with the enemy in my own home against myself
**Lord I receive wisdom to handle my challenge in Jesus name.
**I confess positively, I exercise discipline and caution in what I say and how I act towards my spouse in Jesus name.
**I will eat the good of the land(marriage) in Jesus name.

Choose to be sensitive to the enemy's bait, do not swallow them. Your home is for you to enjoy and not endure. Have you tried writing down things that press your button in your relationship? You need to do that and start working on how to get over them. Wisdom is profitable for all things. I pray that you have abundance to deal with your peculiar situation.

Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment