Wednesday 1 February 2012

Winning Game

Do you not realize that I represented my high school in debates? As a matter of fact, I am a trained lawyer. When it comes to issues like this it will show a level of respect if you just let sleeping dogs lie her husband responded. As she confided in her mother, she could not help but cry, why does every discussion have to end in arguments and guess what? He always has to win.

I am not in a competition and neither am I claiming to be a member of a debating society. This is my home and I would appreciate a level of peace and ability to carry out a civil conversation with my own husband without feeling am competing to win a game.

Ps. 133:1 NKJV
"Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren (spouses) to dwell together in unity!

Oftentimes when you listen to couples who have disagreements, they both are trying to make a point but the method is what usually drives the direction the argument or discussion will go. Each person tries to win the argument and by so doing, someone gets nasty and the other party will not want to go down without a fight. Is it worth it? You do not have to win every argument!

I remember the days when I had the time and strength to talk nineteen to a dozen! I worked hard at winning... I mean arguments are meant to be won! These days I ask myself, how many trophies have I earned for the many arguments I have won? Has anyone congratulated me for having the right responses?

I have heard people say silence is golden... quite true, when you are in a marriage relationship all you sometimes need to guarantee peace is silence. Someone tells me "he thinks am stupid because I do not talk" Maybe you have been talking to the wrong person!
You may have to change whom you have conversations with for you to truly win...

Does your husband's tongue cut you deeper than a surgical razor? Does your wife's comment make you feel totally inadequate? Address issues first in the realm of the spirit before saying them in the physical. What if it is impromptu? Do I have to pray to discuss household chores? Silence is golden when your point is not getting across! I marvel at the level of control I have these days just because I have lessened the number of arguments I engage in!

When you converse with God over any issue, I mean any... without any doubt you will have processed the words through God's fire and it will have the right impact. Is 6:6 the coal from God's altar needs to touch our tongue for purification.

When you talk to God first, you are bound to win the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment