Monday 18 June 2012

Pretty Me!

She looked into the mirror and was excited about the new look, she looked pretty. She smiled and then widened her gaze to be sure she was seeing right. "I am a babe", she repeated it over and over. Then her husband walked in and said; "sweetheart, why is it important to look at yourself in the mirror over and over again he asked?" You are beauty personified, I appreciate God for bringing you into my life and you are the apple of my eyes.

She placed her head on his shoulder unable to respond. She feels so much confidence whenever she is with him... this is the man God used to restore my confidence she thought quietly. He has no clue where she is coming from... she can boldly say she's pretty now because God has taught her to love herself, accept God's love and brought a man who makes her feel like a million bucks into her life.

This write up might not necessarily speak to you if you see yourself pretty and gorgeous all the time. However, for the few who have had their self esteem and confidence damaged by words,actions or comment it is important to see yourself the way God sees you.

The Message version of the Bible is always so easy to read and here it is, Psalms 139:13-16
13-16 Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out;
      you formed me in my mother's womb.
   I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking!
      Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
      I worship in adoration—what a creation!
   You know me inside and out,
      you know every bone in my body;
   You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
      how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
   Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
      all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
   The days of my life all prepared
      before I'd even lived one day.

Have you been told you are so ugly, you are k-legged, your lips are too wide, too small, you are busty, your teeth have gaps, your face is wide, your ears are too big or small? You are too skinny,fat, too dark, too light complexioned. Whatever has been said to you to make you doubt God's impression about you is rubbish! Please take your time to read the scripture verses above and let it be encrypted in the  harddrive of your mind that you are God's most valuable creature! It is not the outward or physical appearance alone that tells you who you are. Your inner man first, your ability to believe and accept who you are according to God's standard as well as effort to ensure you appear neat and tidy all the time all contribute to the enhancement of your God-given beauty!

Wonderfully and fearfully made!
If you are single, do not be decieved that you are unmarried becuase of your uncomely features. God is preparing you for the best man/woman! Overcome your inadequacies, love yourself and celebrate God for taking His time to make a master piece, yes, YOU are God's Master piece.

Agape!

No comments:

Post a Comment