Saturday 2 June 2012

The Seed of Karma

I observed a couple this past week and I knew I had to share what I saw. The setting was a vulnerable one, far from everyday expectations or romance. The woman was ill, she was attempting to get up but could not. She turned to me and said "am not making this up", her husband jokingly said, yeah, you are pretending. I said to the lady; "do you want me to send this man out"?teasingly. She said, "oh, no! please". He is my angel, we marry for 52years, he take care of me, he loves me". Well, I became interested in both of them...

The man reported to the hospital promptly at breakfast time to feed his wife, bathe her and keep her company. When he confirmed that she wasnt going to be discharged as planned on a Friday afternoon, he said, "please I come back, I need to extend television for her". Their television service was going to run out that evening, he had an errand to run and he said he would return later to pay for television service so his wife would not be bored. The woman told me she had become totally dependent on her husband for everything because her illness was beginnng to take a toll on her ability to function independently. She said, "my husband a good man, I was 17years and he was 21years when we got married, he loves me, he takes care of me, good,good man".

Later that day I pondered on every word the woman said and how the husband was all over her... then I remembered another couple, the man was sick and dying. I could tell that the man was going to pass away within a few hours, his family was called in so that they could have their last moments together. The whole day, the man held on, his breathing became weaker but you could tell that he was holding on, struggling to stay alive. The wife went home and came back, she saw that the man was still breathing, well her next action gave me the shock of my life; she slapped the man real hard on his shoulder and said; "you are still here, go!go!go!". The staff members present exchanged glances and we were all dumbfounded. I wondered what the Lord was saying when he brought back the memory of that man and his wife...

As a husband, you are the breadwinner in every sense of it, ask for grace to be a kind and compassionate leader. What you sow now will speak for you later especially at a period when neither money or possessions can speak. I see husbands who are abandoned and checked on as time permits when they lay critically sick in the hospital. I also see husbands whose wives literally move into the hospital to take care of them.

Well, your action towards your spouse now, will determine what type of affection is shown to you when you are no longer in charge. Whatever you sow you will reap. If you are a wife and you have no time for your family, husband or children, a time will come when you will no longer be as strong as you are now and you will need help and company. The friends you run after and "honor with your presence" at functios to the detriment of your family will not be there for you. Be careful so you do not spend the rest of your days in loneliness and depression. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment