Friday 6 July 2012

Check Your Plank

Improvement is important in all areas of our lives especially our relationships. I observed something minute that almost cost me my peace some years back.... my husband does not press the shower knob to turn off the faucet, that means the next person who touches the shower knob will be showered automatically... What's the big deal you ask? Ask a woman who has spent over 4 hours at the salon what the big deal is to have water poured straight on part of her newly done hairdo....
 
This almost bred resentment in me everytime I think about going into the shower, why can't he just press this tab, its not as if he requires energy to do it!! Well, the Holy spirit asked me why I couldnt add that to one of the checks I make before stepping into the shower? I too could press the knob down to ensure I do not get sprayed.

Well, that did it!!
Everytime I am about to step into the shower, I check to see if the knob is turned on or off. It has become second nature, it does not matter where I go... You can't imagine how much aggravation that has saved me.
 
What habit does your spouse possess that is making you loose your mind? The Lord made me realise that the fact that my husband does not list or highlight all of the things I do wrong or emphasize my habits that upsets him does not make me an angel... Food for thought!
 
Work for peace and learn to overlook shortcomings. Stop sweating the small stuff so you can have time for fun and joy. It is very easy to see what the other party is doing wrong forgetting that you too have a lot of habits, attitude that could use some amendment.
 
Jesus know us quite well and that is why he has this to say about hypocrisy; Luke 6:41
 
“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"
 
So before you nag and get into undue tension with your spouse check the plank in your eye...lol
 
Have a fun-filled weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you ma for sharing, I too have to look into things I have allowed to upset me which I could however change. God help me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for this i think this is speaking straight to me.....

    ReplyDelete