Wednesday 18 July 2012

Upon my palms

The uniqueness of the lines on the human palm is intriguing. No two humans have the exact designs, each one is designed,customized and no one is a replica of the other. When I think about how God has created each and every human being I marvel at His awesomeness and attention to detail. 
 
This boosts my confidence that I am not a mistake, after thought or photocopy of any other. It also gives me the strength to go on knowing that I have been engraven upon the palms of His hand and am not erasable or forgettable. No matter how busy you are in a day, you will still have time or need to take a glance at your palm.
Isaiah 49:16 NKJV
"Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands;thy walls are continually before me". 
 
This speaks of the physical rememberance by God. You are constantly on the mind of God but just so that you know how important you are, He has engraven you on His palms where He can take a glance at you. He remembers you and he knows the appointed time for the fulfilment of His purpose in your life. It is challenging not to look sideways at others; friends, younger colleagues, brethren, siblings and when you weigh in your limited mind what is working for others, you switch to panic mode, "when will it be my turn"? I know my walls are continually before the Lord, my portion, inheritance and destiny and at the rightness of time He will satisfy me. 
 
The usefulness of the palm is another reason that gives me confidence that God has a reason for putting me on his palms. Whatever you do during the course of the day will require the use or support of your palms. So when God writes me on His palms, I know I am relevant to His purpose and He will never owe any man. If He uses me for His glory, He will reward me, He will cause His glory to be seen in my life. Do you feel unappreciated where you are and for the things you do, remember that you are written in the palms of God's hand and He will not forget your labour of love.
 
I pray in Jesus name that your weary heart will receive courage to move forward in Jesus name. You will not give up before you are celebrated in Jesus name.
 
Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment