Monday 29 October 2012

Before any conclusions...

Some years ago, my oldest daughter was a little over three years old, she was one energizer bunny and always left trails of toys to pick up, spills to clean and so on. There was this day she had scattered her toys and I told her she was going to get into big trouble. I was upset that she had added to the many chores I had to do that day and she just came smiling totally oblivious to the fact that I was upset about what she had done. She started singing this song; "He still working on me, to make me what He wants to be..."

I looked up in amazement and was not sure what to say, I smiled and said, "sure He is working on you, I just wish He will hasten His work before stress kills me". That has taught me a lesson in relating with people generally. How often do we wish God will just finish His work in our spouses, children, colleagues, siblings  speedily?

We are all work in progress, it is interesting how we expect perfection from others when we are far from being perfect. It is funny how you know what others should do but not what you should do. When you consider a couple who have issues in their relationship, the man knows what the woman is supposed to do, how to speak, act and function as a woman. The woman, knows what the man should do and how he should treat a woman but not what she should do as it concerns her husband.

Criticism is very easy but making your own mark is what God expects each one of us to do wherever we find ourselves. The scripture that has caught my attention all weekend is from Mark 9:50 KJV

"Salt is good:but if the salt have lost his saltness, where with  will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another".

Characteristics, usefulness and importance of salt will be a topic for another time soon. You need to take ownership and responsibility for your actions, always tell yourself "I am important in my relationship, so much depends on me, I can not afford to point the accusing finger to the other party, my partner, my friend, my colleague. I am responsible for my actions". Have you noticed that even the patriarchs of old all had 'issues'? Things they had to work on while they walked with God? A few people and their issues,
=>Abraham was barren, the father of faith, he yeilded to a flesh glorifying suggestions by his wife but he still finished strong, the father of faith

=>Isaac hung his blessings on the agreement that his son would provide his favourite meal

=>Moses struck the rock twice instead of once, one meek man who spoke with God,face to face.

=Rahab the harlot, found her way into the genealogy of our Lord Jesus
=>Apostle Paul, the author of the most books in the New Testament had anger issues.

What is your shortcoming? Do you gossip, are you temperamental, are you envious or you can't handle anyone being better than you? Do you find it difficult to submit to your husband or authority? Do you have interpersonal issues? Well, do not be discouraged, God is still working on you and I and we sure will be excellent Master pieces!

Do not allow your shortcomings be your excuses for being a pain in the neck. Here is the conclusion that I would draw from this: Micah 6:8 KJV
"He hath showed thee, O man, what is good: and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God".

God has high hopes for you and I and He will not give up on us, so do not give up on yourself, just keep improving and walking the walk of faith. May grace be multiplied upon each one of us to please God in Jesus name. Have a great week ahead.

Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment