Monday 3 September 2012

The Hungry have ceased to hunger.

I just got a call about the interview I attended and I rejoiced and praised God ceaselessly. I have attended 6 interviews and for me to get a call without bugging this recruiters shows that indeed God has answered my prayers, I can testify to the glory and faithfulness of the Lord.

I enjoyed my work for last five months, I worked hard, learned fast, participated in every team effort and punctuality has been my watch word. I arrived 15minutes before my start time and my boss approached me with a smile, ideas were dancing and fluttering in my head;what could this possibly mean? A promotion, interest in my career advancement, commendation arghhh! I wish I could tell from his smile...

"Do you mind coming into my office", he said as he made eye contact with me. "Sure bet", I said, I grabbed a notepad and a pen, just in case I need to write something down.... "Well, I have to commend your contribution in the last five months, Tiffany, I must tell you that everyone in this department has something positive to say about you, do keep up that positive attitude". He watched me for a few seconds and then continued, "the main reason why I called you is to let you know that we are going through some organization wide restructuring and your position is one of the affected ones, your letter is ready, please hand over your badge and any other company property over to the secretary on your way out. It has been a great pleasure working with you". He stood up and I had to do the same as I walked out of his office.

I can not remember whether I walked out of his office or crawled or walked or whatever, my world was crashing, I can not lose this job again, we were just starting to make plans about our finances since this is the only job that has lasted this long. What should I do, where do I go? I got home around 10:15am, I felt beaten down and I wept my eyes sore. Is there a curse or family problem that has not been resolved? Why do I have to come to the land of milk and honey and yet go ahungry? Others are buying big houses,cars,fine clothes and talking about investing, yet I can barely pay my rent,feed and maintain my old car. What have I done wrong and where have I missed it? I have put into practice every single virtue that a Christian is supposed to exhibit and yet what do I have to show for it? I am the prayer team leader, everyone comes to me to join them in prayer for solution, who will help me? God I am indeed in trouble!!!

I was wailing bitterly and balling my eyes out when I heard the door open, I was startled, my husband has gone to work, who has the key to the house? I opened the door to the sitting room and saw our building superintendent, "you home now"? he asked. Yes, I had to come home early today I responded. "I fix your sink today, no expect nobody home..." I forced a smile and told him I was inside the room if he needed any help. I heard my cell phone ring and reached for it in my hand bag, one of the sisters from my fellowship who works with me in the same company had heard news of termination of my appointment. Sorry Tiffany, your unit clerk told me what happened, so what are you going to do? She questioned. I do not know yet, my times are in God's hands, the whole thing is just like a bad dream and I am trusting God to show me the way to go. "Well, it is sad, that children of the kingdom are not wise". Pardon me, I said, "you heard me right my darling sister, you carry on in the company as if you are the only one who knows everything, you are on every team, you are attending every seminar and am sorry to say, what has that done to prevent you from being dumped? I can only wish you all the best, we are still here...".

Well, I looked at the phone and was not sure whether to toss it into the sink or smash it against the wall, whatever I decide to do with it will be my loss. I made to go into the bedroom when I heard the superintendent say "I finish job, if any problem call me". I could not face him, I just needed to be alone to clear my chest with some more crying. "Ms Tiffany, you know anyone looking for job?". I was glued to the spot, what is this again, is this guy going to add more insult to my injury? How low could a man fall after reaching the ground I asked in my mind?. "Ms Tiffany, my brother work in big company, he the boss and he look for hardworking person for big position". Really, I said, if I find anyone I will let you know.  I was getting irritated but I did not want to show it, thank you so much Rocco. Rocco turned around and did the unexpected, "Ms, Tiffany, I give you my brother number, call him", he gestured as he wrote the number on the notepad on the refrigerator. Thank you very much and God bless you and I closed the door behind him.

I looked at the number that he scratched on my "to-do list" note pad, I shook my head because I was even entertaining the thought of calling Rocco's brother's number. The things we are willing to do when desperate!!! I asked myself if I had lost my mind to even consider calling the number a semi-illiterate gave me, what if I called and... I had to silence the doubt in me, what do I have to lose? I asked. I walked to a public pay phone and I called the number, a lady picked up the phone and I have never felt any more stupid in my entire life. I did not know Rocco's brother's name, what he did or what position he was recruiting for...I am sorry, if I have the wrong number, I was trying to reach Mr...I tried to remember Rocco's last name...Luigiano, "he is in a meeting at the moment may I take a message"? That's fine I will call back, when is he supposed to finish his meeting? He will be done by 1:30pm, the lady responded very sweetly, can I leave my number with you but I will call back, I said. She took my name and number.

I walked back home confident that I could call from my personal number. My phone was already flashing, indicating a call was waiting...Romano is Rocco's exact opposite, calm, refined, he speaks fluent English and he was the Director of Workforce planning in one of the insurance company in town. I could hardly believe when I spoke with him and he invited me over for 'a chat'. I took my resume with me and he was quite impressed, he set up an interview for the following day and sure thing, I sat in front of two women, Romano and a Human Resources manager. The interview lasted a whole hour and they promised to get back to me. I had applied for a different position but was offered a managerial position because of my experience. My remuneration blew me away! I said it must be a lie, how can this be happening? Then the Holy spirit asked me if I did not have faith when I asked the things I asked, Father forgive and help my unbelief. You still very much rule in the affairs of men!

Remember my sister who told me children of the kingdom lack wisdom, well I choose to pitch my tent with God and he has given me promotion on a platter of gold, without any need to compromise my stand or integrity, I have what God has planned for me. It is not always the packaging of the gift that matters but the content of the package. God can choose to bless you anyway He pleases and through any channel or medium He chooses. I do not need to hire myself out for bread, he has chosen to feed me till I need no more... Your challenge is possibly not your career or academics, perhaps it is the fruit of the womb or getting the bone of your bone, maybe you just need God to break the wrong family cycle that has been repeating itself, whatever it is, the power of God is able to break every yoke, destroy the counsel of the enemy and bring positive results in your situation. Do not let your heart fail you because of what you see, our God is mighty to save and He will save you.

The word of God in 1 Sam 2:5 NKJV

"Those who were full have hired themselves out for bread,
And the hungry have ceased to hunger
Even the barren has borne seven
And she who has many children has become feeble".

God will move on your behalf this week, every utterance of the enemy that challenges the might and bigness of your God will be put to shame in Jesus name. God will show up for you and your testimony will be heard. In whatever way you are hungry, you will cease to hunger in Jesus name. I love you dearly and God loves you more.

Agape!

No comments:

Post a Comment