Thursday 27 September 2012

Uno Momento - One Moment Please!

Patience is a virtue but a very tough one to exhibit. Whether you are dealing with God or man, it is very challenging to be patient.

When you have a sore point in your life, it blinds you to every other thing that functions and runs smoothly in your life. Sometimes you assume it is given to just pass a professional exam at a sitting because you have studied. Some other time you plan that after the first six years of marriage you should be done with baby making business or latest by age 24 you should be happily married and have your future all set and awaiting fulfillment one step after the other... When things are 'slightly' out of place, we wonder where God is and if He no longer answers prayers. Is there anything wrong with having goals and expectations you ask? No, not at all, as a matter of fact, it is important to plan and have an organized thought about where and what you imagine yourself doing in a few years ahead.

However, our plans do not always work out the way we set them out to.  That is because God rules over the affairs of men! "They have come again o".... I have experienced a few hitches in my life in areas I thought I had everything figured out. One thing I have learned in my short years of sojourning on this terra firma is that you need to do your part and allow God to do His. How he will do it is strictly His own prerogative. I came across a scripture that I believe will cause your faith to rise and strengthen you in the face of whatever challenge you might be facing.

Romans 5:4-5 NKJV
"And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."

These very words sustain me daily and in the face of whatever I face, I have come to realize that I can not speed up the hand of God by getting anxious or wasting tomorrow's strength by exhibiting undue agitation today. If I am of marriageable age and am successful in other areas of my life, I should know that God is not mean or wicked, He will not allow me to waste my youthful days and not bring me to His perfect will for my life. I cannot go on the street and grab the next man/woman that comes my way, I will wait on Him and am assured He will cause my joy to be full.

Maybe I should yeild to pressure of having sex before marriage after all I am no longer a baby... It is not about you but about what God has laid down in His word. He has said I will not be barren therefore, I will learn patience, acquire experience that will enhance my hope. God will not allow me to go back to school, endure the rigour  of academics only to walk the street endlessly and become a nuisance to everyone around me. He is preparing a testimony that will resound and cause men to use me as a point of contact for good things.

I can tell you without an aorta of doubt that HOPE in God will never make put you to shame. Although it is extremely and excruciatingly painful sometimes but my soul will wait on you oh Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment